Being the mom to 3 boys, I have learned cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Results

We received a letter yesterday that gifted services are not needed for Dominic at this time.  That was the extent of the letter.  Last year we were given his actual evaluation numbers but not this year.  I emailed the coordinator of the program to obtain his results.  We shall see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these things in children this age are so difficult to determine. It's kind of like testing a very young child's hearing....are they not HEARING or just choosing not to LISTEN. Big difference, you know? Just like Brynn right now-at two & a half, she can count to 20, recognize all of her colors, count to ten in Spanish, count backwards from five, recognize most of her letters, recite the alphabet, sing most all songs all the way through such as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star & all of the nursery songs she knows, & so on. HOWEVER, if she was asked by someone else to do these things on cue, would she? Probably not. But, Thomas & I know that she can & does do them & often. You know what I mean? This then becomes difficult because if they test a child & deem that they do not need gifted services, but then they are bored out of there minds & there parents KNOW that they likely do need them & that they just didn't perform for the tester, well, then what??? Kind of frustrating I would think.

Jen

Anonymous said...

s/b "their" parents. Should proofread before I hit "post". Ooops.

Jen

Unknown said...

My main concern to the coordinator is his results. This is because if he is slipping further below the acceptable level from his testing in kindergarten, then there is no reason to continue to test him. This time around was on the recommendation of his 1st grade teacher and not us. I have said that everyone is lucky Dominic is a rule follower and doesn't cause a disruption because he is bored.