Happy 13th Anniversary to my Prince Charming (a day early)!
I have always loved the poem “These Hands”. I think it really does explain the
relationship between a married couple.
I was thinking about this poem as our 13th
anniversary approaches. Thirteen years
of marriage. We have been together for
17 years – nearly half of my life. I
know some people speak of the “one that got away”….I have never thought
that. Mark is my one….and he will
continue to be the one as years pass. I
can’t imagine my life now if Mark was not a part of it.
So here is my version of Mark’s Hands.
These are the hands that led me around a dance floor the
night we met. These are the hands that
continue to hold doors for me. These are
the hands that held mine as he proposed and placed my engagement ring on my
finger. These are the hands that held
mine as we wed and danced the night away.
These are the hands that taught me how to hold a catfish, drive a
tractor, use a riding mower, and back up a trailer. These are hands that held me tight as I cried
sitting on the kitchen floor when I told him we would probably never be
parents. These are the hands that held
mine through each doctor’s appointment, negative pregnancy test, needle pokes,
and mood swings. These are the hands
that held me tight as we cried hearing our unborn son’s heartbeat for the first
time. These are the hands that held mine
when Dominic and Luke took their first breaths of life. These are hands that held me close as we sat
on the bathroom floor and grieved the loss of our unborn child. These are the hands that learned to change
diapers, feed bottles, and nurse a bloody knee.
These are the hands that couldn't wait to hold his 3rd son in
his arms. These are the hands that love
being a father and a husband.
These are the hands, while some times calloused and older
now, are the hands that made a promise a long time ago. These hands promised to be there no matter
what. These hands hold up 4 other people
and we all know his strength and love is enough.
These hands promised forever and for
always.
These hands promised for better
and for worse.
Life just can’t get any better as long as Mark’s hands are
holding mine.
Happy Anniversary, Babe.
No comments:
Post a Comment